Westward School can be visited by prospective parents at pre-arranged times. Please contact Mr Parkhurst who is in charge of Admissions either in the School Office on 01932 220911 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to meeting with you and welcoming you to Westward.
Completion and receipt of the Registration Form with £100.00 (non-returnable) registration/administration fee places your child on their peer group class list or waiting list.
To aid administration, kindly inform the School office of any change to contact details while awaiting a place offer or if your circumstances change and wish your child’s name to be removed from the class waiting list. Thank you.
Registered Reception places are reserved for your child on receipt of the current Pupil Deposit Fee, invitation to do so occurs in the month of October prior to the following September start date.
There is no entry assessment for the Reception class.
For Year 1 upwards, children are invited to spend a period of time during the School day with their peers for assessment of social and academic ability before a confirmed place is offered. (Is Westward the right school for your child?)
The School must feel confident that prospective pupils will benefit from the education offered.
The assessment fee is £30.00, non returnable.
Both at the application stage and also later in the admissions process it is really important that parents notify the School about any special educational needs or disabilities. We request that parents of pupils with existing special educational needs or disabilities submit any educational psychologist reports or other documentation to the Headteacher who will then meet with the family and consult with the SENCO and relevant class teacher.
Westward School year groups are organised by Date of Birth. The dates run from 1st September to 31st August inclusive as follows:
|September 2008 - August 2009||Year 6||10 - 11|
|September 2009 - August 2010||Year 5||9 - 10|
|September 2010 - August 2011||Year 4||8 - 9|
|September 2011 - August 2012||Year 3||7 - 8|
|September 2012 - August 2013||Year 2||6 - 7|
|September 2013 - August 2014||Year 1||5 - 6|
|September 2014 - August 2015||Reception||4 - 5|
RESERVING AN OFFERED PLACE
- The Pupil Deposit Fee of £2000.00 (Reception – Year 6) is payable to reserve an offered place. £1250 of this sum is credited to the pupil's second invoice. The remaining £750 (minus any accrued extras) is returned after the child's final term providing the correct FULL term’s notice (not accepted after the first day of term) is given.
- The Pupil Deposit Fee for siblings stands at £750 per pupil.
Please note – if the confirmed place is NOT taken up, the fee is non returnable.
- On receipt of a Pupil Deposit Fee – a School contract will be issued to you for signing.
- Nearer your child’s commencement date parents are given an introductory pack including all necessary documentation and information. A “settling in” session date will be arranged for your child to spend time with the teacher in the class environment.
- An "Early Years" information meeting for Reception parents is scheduled during the Summer term.
Any further enquiries may be directed to Mr Parkhurst in the School office. 01932 220911 or email email@example.com