Terms & Conditions
Completion and receipt of the Registration Form and current registration fee (non-returnable) places your child on the class list for entry to the School.
A waiting list procedure operates dependent on demand.
PUPIL DEPOSIT FEE
A Pupil Deposit fee of £2000 is required to reserve a place at Westward School (Reception – Year 6) following offer of a place.
£1250 of this sum is credited to the pupil's second invoice. The remaining £750 (minus any accrued extras) is returned after the child's final term providing the correct FULL term’s notice is given.
If the confirmed place is NOT taken up the Pupil Deposit Fee is non-returnable.
On receipt of the confirmation fee a School contract will be issued, to be signed by parent or guardian and returned to the School office.
A full term's notice in writing is required if a child leaves the School, otherwise a full term's fees become payable in lieu.
Notice will not be accepted after the first day of term.
Notice is not required for those in the final term of Year 6.
Termly accounts are issued from the Bursar via email at the end of the previous term.
- BACS is our preferred method of payment – Bank details can be found on all invoices.
Other methods of payment accepted:
- Cheque (payable to Paradigm Educational Limited)
- A School Fee Plan of your choice – please ask our office for further details.
- Childcare Vouchers for Childcare, Please do not set up monthly installments directly into our account; these should only be redeemed to pay the appropriate part of termly invoices.
Late payments will incur a minimum charge of £50. A £35 fee will be levied for returned cheques.
We reserve the right to exclude your child if fees remain unpaid.
EARLY YEARS FREE ENTITLEMENT (4 YEAR OLD CHILDREN)
Westward is a registered setting with Surrey County Council.
Each setting offers individual session times and costs.
Westward is a TERM-TIME ONLY setting, offering 34 weeks Universal Entitlement (15 hours) for the 2021/22 academic year.
In the event of Free Early Education Entitlement funding being reclaimed by Surrey County Council, for any reason, the reclaimed amount will be payable to the School as an outstanding charge.
(i.e. if you use entitlement hours during the Summer holiday with another setting you may find this is reclaimed by Surrey from the Autumn entitlement which, in turn, will be payable to the school as an outstanding charge)
Parents are reminded that the School’s participation in the free entitlement provision is subject to change.
Any extra curricular activities will be invoiced accordingly. Notice of half a term is required for withdrawal. Class workshops, outings, music lessons etc cannot be refunded in the event of your child’s absence through holidays, illness etc.
Your child is covered by the School’s liability insurance and Reception to Year 6 by the Pupils’ Personal Accident Insurance Scheme (Marsh Ltd).
DOCUMENTATION REQUIRED BY SCHOOL OFFICE
- Copy of birth certificate or passport following sight of original document
- Signed Home-School Agreement
- Signed CONFIDENTIAL/HEALTH/DIETARY/EMERGENCY information
- Signed consent forms for photography, staff portfolios, web site, advertising etc.
- Absence/holiday requests
- Medication to be administered
- Change of address or contact numbers
- Preferable email address for various communications, i.e., class notices, newsletters etc.
HOME – SCHOOL AGREEMENT
This document details the responsibilities expected from the School, the pupil and the pupil’s family and is signed on a termly basis. Copies may be viewed on the web site or the School office.
SPECIAL EDUCATIONAL NEEDS
The School does not undertake to diagnose dyslexia or other specific learning difficulties but will contact you if we have any concerns and will suggest possible assessment procedures if you so wish.
Westward School reserves the right to increase the pupil deposit, fees or cost of extras at any time.